WELCOME TO RICHMOND RACEWAY
You've never been to a NASCAR event before. You've heard about it, maybe seen a race on TV, but haven't enjoyed the experience that is a NASCAR weekend. Don't worry because you've come to the right place! Our Fan Guide provides some helpful tips and hints, so you can have a great experience at America's Premier Short Track!
We continue to listen to fan feedback in order to provide the best guest experience. As part of this effort, and thanks to advancements in security technology and tactics, we’ve enhanced our guidelines on items fans may carry into our facilities. With safety in mind, and to ensure a timely entry, the following Grandstand Guidelines will be maintained.
Please note: All guests and bags are subject to search.
- One soft-sided cooler, no larger than 14x14x14 inches (no telescoping handles, wheels or hard sides).
- Insulated cups, like metal cups or thermoses.
- Coolers may contain ice.
- Backpacks and drawstring packs, no larger than 18"x18"x4" and one (1) per person.
- Food and beverages brought in approved bags/coolers.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets and cameras can be carried separately into the grandstands.
- Seat cushions can be brought in, but may not contain arm rests. Those with compartments will be reviewed upon entry.
- Small flags.
- Personal use video cameras are permitted, but no commercial reproduction of footage is allowed without written permission from Richmond and NASCAR licensing officials.
- Coolers with telescoping handles, wheels, hard sides.
- Seat cushions with arm rests.
- Glass of any kind.
- Flag poles of any kind.
- Firearms and fireworks
- Beach balls, Frisbees, or projectiles of any kind.
- Umbrellas of any size.
- Noise makers & laser pointers.
- Wagons, bicycles, scooters, hoverboards, skateboards, and roller skates.
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks.
- Items restricted by local, state or federal laws.
The grandstand seating areas are smoke-free. Smoking is also prohibited in front of the grandstands, in the portals leading to the seating areas, and inside all buildings. E-cigarettes and vapes will not be permitted in the grandstands. Fans are permitted to smoke in open-air areas beneath and behind the grandstands, on the Midway, and in all parking lots/campgrounds. Guests who do not follow these guidelines could be removed from the race/property.
Restricted items MAY NOT be left at the gate area. Unattended items left in the gate area will be disposed of by Richmond Raceway.
Richmond Raceway will still allow fans to exit and re-enter the grandstands at anytime. Please make sure to have your hand stamped at the gates when exiting and you must show your ticket stub and hand stamp when re-entering.
The above are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.Express Lanes
Richmond Raceway has made way for fans to access their seats at America’s Premier Short Track even faster. At major gate entrances to Richmond Raceway, race fans without bags requiring inspection can enter the facility through the Express Lanes.
Guest Services booths are located along the transportation route to assist with:
- Directions to seating areas, displays, and special events.
- Children's ID and Safety Bracelets.
- Handicap assistance carts, emergency services and minor vehicle repair.
RESPECT: Code of Conduct
Richmond Raceway is committed to providing an enjoyable, memorable, and safe race day experience for all of our guests. We ask that all fans follow the Richmond Raceway Respect code of conduct. Fans found to be in violation of the Richmond Raceway code of conduct may be subject to ejection without refund. For more information on the Respect code of conduct, click here.
Thank you for helping make the iconic Richmond Raceway experience a fun, memorable time for all fans.
To contact Richmond Security, contact the following phone numbers on race weekends:
- 804-228-7576 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 804-370-3022 from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Text RRFAN, followed by your message, to 6905
|Looking to maximize your Richmond Raceway experience? Look no further then our FREE Mobile App. Check out when and where you could meet your favorite drivers, send an official Richmond postcard to a friend, find your way around property and get the inside scoop on the latest news and happenings from your favorite short track. Download it today, and keep in touch with us all year long.
Key Features Include:
Guests may bring their own wheelchairs for personal use while visiting Richmond Raceway. Richmond also allows Personal Electric Transport devices that are commercially built for handicapped individual use only.
PLEASE NOTE: Richmond Raceway does not provide or rent wheelchairs or scooters.
For quick entry into the lot, please hang your handicapped parking permit on your rearview mirror before you arrive at Richmond Raceway.
- Please clearly display your handicapped parking permit.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis at Gates 2, 4, 6, and the Service Gate.
Laburnum Avenue West via 360: turn right into Gate 2.
Laburnum Avenue East: turn left into Gate 2.
Laburnum Avenue West via 360: turn right into Gate 4.
Laburnum Avenue East: turn left into Gate 4.
From 295: Meadowbridge Road, turn left on Carolina Avenue, turn right into Gate 6.
From Laburnum Avenue via 360: turn right on Carolina Avenue, turn left into Gate 6.
Laburnum Avenue West via 360: turn right onto Richmond-Henrico Tpk then right into the Service Gate.
Laburnum Avenue East: turn left onto Richmond-Henrico Tpk then right into the Service Gate.
From 295: Meadowbridge Road/Richmond-Henrico Tpk, turn left into the Service Gate.
- Guests CANNOT use a handicapped parking permit unless the person to whom it is issued is the driver of or passenger in your vehicle.
- A valid photo ID will be required for entry into the ADA lots.
- The permit must be hung on the rearview mirror when the vehicle is parked in the disabled parking area.
- Both sides of the parking permit must display valid decals (month/year and driver’s license number).
- Parking permit number must be displayed toward the front of the windshield.
- Handicapped license plates accompanied with a photo ID may be used in lieu of a parking permit.
- According to Virginia law, unlawful use of a parking permit is a Class Two misdemeanor.
- Refusal to cooperate with law enforcement officers implementing this program can result in removal from the property.
Please note that law enforcement officers will be verifying that the person to whom the permit is issued is either the driver of or a passenger in the vehicle.
Richmond Raceway has a fleet of handicap assistance carts to help our disabled guests who require assistance with transportation within the immediate raceway property. While these carts do not pick up at specific camp sites or parking spaces, we will pick up and drop off from Guest Services tent locations as shown on the site map. These sites are located along the transportation route. Please note these carts can assist a disabled guest and one companion.
Handicap assistance carts transport to and from guest service tent locations which are located on the defined transportation route. Exit the cart closest to your destination along this route. Additionally, the Eternal Fan Pedestrian Tunnel is ADA accessible with an elevator for guests needing assistance to and from the DC Solar FanGrounds.
Handicap assistance carts transport from the following designated locations beginning 30 minutes post-race:
- Gate 60-Backstretch
- Frontstretch Gate
- Gate 40-Turn 1
- Gate 70-Turn 4
The post race drop off points will be to the outer edges of the parking lots. Carts cannot go into the parking lots or campgrounds during post-race, due to vehicle traffic. Please remember there is no tram or cart service to/from Lot G.
See the property map on back cover foldout for exact locations.
- The handicap assistance carts provided by Richmond Raceway are for disabled ticketholders. Please respect this policy.
- Please be advised that delays may occur during peak volume times immediatelybefore and after the race. Transports will occur in the order of the guest’s arrival, and all guests should note that the carts are busiest two to three hours before the race. During this window, wait times can approach an hour in length, so please plan accordingly.
- Alternate handicap guest parking in Lot H can be accessed post-race by using the free tram service near the Gate 60-Backstretch. Trams to Lots H & GEICO Lot J will run continuously, including immediately following the conclusion of the races. Handicap assistance carts will not transport to these lots.
Richmond offers both free and permit parking on property. Those without the required parking permits will be directed by Henrico County Police to the nearest free parking lot on Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series days. Guests with parking passes should have them prominently displayed prior to arriving at the track. For more details, please click here, and follow @HenricoPolice on Twitter during race weekend.
A complimentary tram service runs continuously on event days from Lot J (accessed via Gate 14) and Lot H (accessed via Gates 11, 12 or 13) to Gate 60 along the backstretch.
Vehicles remaining in non-overnight lots will be towed at the owner's expense beginning three hours after the conclusion of on-track activities. Vehicles parked in Fire, Emergency, and public roadway lanes are subject to fines in addition to being towed. To retried towed vehicles, please call Glen Allen Towing at 804-266-2700.
Richmond International Airport
1 Richard E. Byrd Terminal Drive
Richmond International Airport, VA 23250-2400
804-226-3000 | www.FlyRichmond.com
When you get your tickets, please confirm your information is correct and contact us if there are any discrepancies. Please keep your tickets in a safe place - as Richmond Raceway assumes no responsibility for lost, misplaced or destroyed tickets. All sales are final (no refunds or exchanges).
If for some reason your assigned seat location is not available, we'll set you up with comparable seating of equal value.
Richmond Raceway accepts cash, money orders, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for payments. Tickets purchased from sources other than Richmond may not be honored, as they could be lost, stolen, or counterfeit. The purchaser on file is solely responsible for any subsequent resale of a ticket regardless of how or why tickets were resold.
All schedules are tentative and subject to change. In the case of postponement or rescheduling of a race, please keep your ticket or ticket stub to re-enter on the date of rescheduling. If you plan on entering the grandstand for any race, you must have a ticket. In the event of inclement weather that causes a race to be postponed to a later date, the ISC Weather Protection Program offers fans the opportunity to exchange their unused Grandstand tickets from the postponed race for any race of the same type at any ISC property in the next year. Please visit our ISC Weather Protection Program FAQs for full details or to submit a ticket exchange request.
Tickets placed at Will Call can be picked up by the account holder at the Commonwealth Mall ticket booth located by Lot D parking. Please have a valid ID to claim your tickets. Prior to event weekends, tickets can be picked up at the Main Ticket Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Print at Home option is available to race fans who purchased any grandstand tickets and want the convenience of printing their tickets at home. To utilize the Print at Home option, the Richmond Raceway ticket buyer will need to have access to e-mail and a printer. When purchasing tickets over the phone, the ticket buyer needs to mention to the ticket agent they would like to use the Print at Home option. When purchasing tickets online, the ticket buyer should choose the Print at Home option. The ticket buyer will log in to their account to print their tickets. The ticket barcode is only good for one admission and duplicate copies of the same barcode will not allow access.